Welcome to episode 245 of F-Stop Collaborate and Listen with your host Matt Payne.
This week on the podcast I was joined by Todd Pickering - a full-time professional photographer from Point Reyes, California. Todd has a Bachelor of Fine Arts from the San Francisco Art Institute and owns his own gallery where he showcases what he describes as quiet work. He also has done a lot of photography gigs for California wineries. Todd and I talk a lot about the benefits of obtaining an education in art, and the role his professional gigs have played in improving the way he approaches nature photography.
On this week's episode we discuss:
- Todd's journey into photography through his education in fine art,
- How his work with wineries has positively impacted his ability to make his landscape images,
- How his trips into nature with his wife have transformed the way he sees photography,
- How Todd curates his work for his gallery and his customers,
- And a lot more!
Over on Patreon this week, Todd and I chat briefly about art reps and how to value our work when we are asked to sell it to a third party representative.
Here's who Todd recommended for the podcast this week:
Other items mentioned on the show:
1. Support the podcast on Patreon.
2. Nature Photographer's Network Special Offer.
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. We also have an Instagram page, a Facebook Page, and a Facebook Group - so don't be shy!
Did you also know we have listener after-parties on Clubhouse? This is a great opportunity to interact with other listeners, guests, and the host (when I can) regarding your thoughts on the episode.
We also have a searchable transcript of every episode!
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.