Welcome to episode 225 of the F-Stop Collaborate and Listen podcast!
This week on the podcast I was joined by Scott Wilson, a landscape, wildlife, cityscape, and portrait photographer who recently has overcome a stage 4 Colon Cancer diagnosis. Scott leveraged his love for photography to overcome his diagnosis and has leveraged his recovery as a catalyst to take his artwork to new levels. On today's show, you will be inspired by Scott's story and his attitude on photography.
Scott and I discuss a variety of topics this week, including:
- Scott's varied interests in different genres in photography and how they inform each other.
- Scott's battle with Colon Cancer and the role photography played in his recovery.
- How to use photography to advocate for various causes you are passionate about.
- Photographing wild mustangs.
- Opening a gallery during COVID and his approach to running the business.
- And a lot more.
Over on Patreon this week, Scott and I discuss our shared passion for Seascapes and the sense of camaraderie you can have when photographing with friends.
Here's who Scott recommended for the podcast this week:
Other items mentioned on the show:
1. Scott's book, "Through the Window."
2. Nature Photographer's Network Special Offer.
Support the show on Patreon.
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. Join the discussion over on Nature Photographer's Network! We have weekly discussions about each episode of the podcast. It's also free! We also have an Instagram page and a Facebook page for updates.
We also have a searchable transcript of every episode!
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.