Welcome to episode 244 of F-Stop Collaborate and Listen!
This week on the podcast I was joined by Sarina Jackson - a lawyer and landscape photographer living in Sydney, Australia. Sarina is the co-founder of In Focus Women, a community and podcast created to celebrate and bring together female landscape photographers from around the world.
On this week's episode we discuss:
- Why Sarina decided to create the In Focus Women community and podcast,
- What Sarina has learned by running a community focused on women photographers,
- Challenges women face in landscape photography that men take for granted,
- The Catch-22 we face by choosing to (or not to) differentiate women from men in landscape photography,
- How her photography has been impacted by the work she has put into In Focus Women,
- And a lot more!
Over on Patreon this week, Sarina and I talk about her journey into drone photography and how it has transformed her approach to landscape photography.
Here's who Sarina recommended for the podcast this week:
Other items mentioned on the show:
1. Support the podcast on Patreon.
3. Nature Photographer's Network Special Offer.
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. We also have an Instagram page, a Facebook Page, and a Facebook Group - so don't be shy!
Did you also know we have listener after-parties on Clubhouse? This is a great opportunity to interact with other listeners, guests, and the host (when I can) regarding your thoughts on the episode.
We also have a searchable transcript of every episode!
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.