Wednesday Nov 25, 2020
Photo Cascadia Team - Celebrating Oregon Through Landscape Photography
Welcome to episode 188 of the F-Stop Collaborate and Listen podcast.
This week on the podcast, I hosted the Photo Cascadia team, including Sean Bagshaw, Adrian Klein, Zack Schnepf, Erin Babnik, David Cobb, and Kevin McNeal. This powerhouse team of landscape photographers have inspired so many of us on our journeys in this craft, so it was a real honor to host the whole team for a chat. Unfortunately, Chip Phillips was not able to join us for this recording due to the joys of parenting during COVID-19.
The Photo Cascadia team and I discuss some interesting topics this week, including:
- Their new book celebrating the beauty and diversity of the State of Oregon through photographs, "Oregon, My Oregon,"
- The power and significance of the foreword of the book by Nicholas Kristof,
- The impact of climate change on the landscapes we all love to photograph,
- The impact that increased visitation is having on locations we love to photograph (and some positives of this),
- The therapeutic effects of landscape photography during a global pandemic,
- How to instill respect for nature and the environment,
- And much, much more
Over on Patreon this week, join over 140 of your peers in supporting the podcast financially hear about the Photo Cascadia team's approach to leading workshops safely during a pandemic.
I hope you enjoy our conversations.
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. Join the discussion over on Nature Photographer's Network! We have weekly discussions about each episode of the podcast. It's also free! We also have an Instagram page and a Facebook page for updates.
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.
As a reminder, you can also support the podcast by shopping at B+H for your photography gear using our Affiliate Link.
For the full show notes head over to my blog.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.