Welcome to Episode 137 of the F-Stop Collaborate and Listen podcast. This week's episode features a landscape photographer from the United Kingdom, Paul Reiffer. Paul uses Phase One digital backs as his camera of choice and produces some absolutely stunning work. I was first drawn to Paul through a blog post he wrote this summer entitled "Photographers, Instagrammers - Stop Being So Damn Selfish and Disrespectful."
Paul and I had a wonderful conversation and explored several interesting topics this week, including:
- Why and how Paul got into photographing with Phase One medium format cameras.
- Paul's journey into photography from the corporate world.
- His article on how photographers are trashing locations; Nature First Photography.
- Social comparison theory.
- Why Paul takes photos and his take on compositing.
- Paul's take on iconic locations.
- and a lot more...
Over on Patreon this week, Paul explains why he uses Capture One as his RAW editor of choice.
Please consider supporting the podcast on Patreon! There's a ton of bonus content over there for subscribers!
For the full liner notes - head on over to my blog.