Welcome to episode 253 of F-Stop Collaborate and Listen with your host Matt Payne.
Mitch comes highly recommended from several past guests and has a truly inspiring story about his arrival in photography and eventual journey back into it after a long hiatus. Sit back and relax as Mitch tells us about his story.
On this week's episode we discuss:
- Mitch's story of quitting his job and exploring the southwest at the age of 21,
- How Mitch became so well-represented by galleries and museums,
- What we can learn by studying the greats that came before us,
- What makes for a great museum-quality photograph,
- Storm chasing and making images of powerful storms,
- And a lot more!
Here's who Mitch recommended for the podcast this week:
Over on Patreon this week, I asked Mitch to provide our listeners with advice if they were considering quitting photography, since he once did the same thing. You can listen to this bonus episode and 184 other bonus episodes as well as gaining access to early episodes, virtual meet-ups, and other perks by financially supporting the podcast on Patreon.
Other items mentioned on the show:
1. Support the podcast on Patreon.
2. Join me at Out of Chicago LIVE! 2022.
I love hearing from the podcast listeners! Reach out to me via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter if you'd like to be on the podcast or if you have an idea of a topic we can talk about. We also have an Instagram page, a Facebook Page, and a Facebook Group - so don't be shy!
Did you also know we have listener after-parties? This is a great opportunity to interact with other listeners, guests, and the host (when I can) regarding your thoughts on the episode.
We also have a searchable transcript of every episode!
Thanks for stopping in, collaborating with us, and listening. See you next week.
P.S. you can also support the podcast by purchasing items through our B+H affiliate link.