Welcome to Episode 141 of the F-Stop Collaborate and Listen podcast. This week's episode features a landscape photographer and software developer from Slovenia, Luka Esenko. Luka is the creator of the new photo location app, PhotoHound. Luka also runs photography workshops in Slovenia and you can learn more about those here.
Luka and I covered some fun topics this week, including:
- Luka's upbringing as the son of a published naturalist and the influence of that on his photography.
- Stories about photographers and the positive impact they are having.
- Differences between European photography locations and U.S. locations.
- How to responsibility share photo locations using PhotoHound.
- Leading tours in Europe and the changes Luka has seen there over the past decade.
- and a lot more...
I wanted to let you know about an exciting online course being offered by my friend and former podcast guest, Shane McDermott. You might remember Shane from episode 108 where he shared his thoughts on "visual centricity," "awareness," and "constant creative flow" and how this approach to photography can change how you interact with the natural world through your photographs. Shane has created a 6-week online course all about post-processing your images in a way that ensures the final result reflects your actual experience in the field. Shane calls the course, "Transforming your Passion into Pixels - The Art of Enlightened Image Editing." In his course, Shane talks about how you can take creative control, learn to make the look and feel of every finished image as unique and vibrant as the moment you captured it.
As an exclusive offer to podcast listeners, if you register in the next week, you will receive a 25% off this 6-week online course. Use the code FStop25 at the time of purchase to receive your discount.
Please consider supporting the podcast on Patreon! There's a ton of bonus content over there for subscribers!
Here are the photographers Luka recommended for the podcast:
1. Guy Edwardes: https://www.guyedwardes.com/
2. Jeremy Woodhouse: https://www.pixelchrome.com/