Welcome to episode 224 of the F-Stop Collaborate and Listen podcast!
This week on the podcast I was joined by Chris Murray, a professional full-time nature photographer living in Syracuse, New York. Chris' photography predominately features the the woods, lakes, mountains, and streams of New York State. Chris is a geologist by training and his lens is typically focused on quiet scenes of nature in his own backyard.
Chris and I discuss a variety of topics this week, including:
- The connection between the study of natural sciences and nature photography.
- The role that the history of our artform has on his work.
- Copying other photographers work.
- The difficulties of being a full-time artist.
- And a lot more.
Here are the individuals that Chris recommended on the podcast:
Other items mentioned on the show:
2. Guy Tal's Book, "More Than a Rock" - use code GUYTAL35 for 35% off!
Support the show on Patreon.