Welcome to Episode 096 of the F-Stop Collaborate and Listen podcast with Sean Parker!
Sean Parker is a professional photographer / time-lapse cinematographer based in Tucson, Arizona. Sean is passionate for capturing the beauty in the universe and specializes in all types of photography. Sean is most passionate about landscape & astro-photography work. Sean has been featured in many publications, commercials, and projects with companies such as: Smithsonian, Discovery, LG, Samsung, Annapurna Films, New York Times, Arizona Highways, and more!
As discussed in the introduction, I'm partnering with podcast patron Jason Matias on the launch of his Art of Selling Art service. If you want to sign up and help out the podcast in return, head on over to the launch page.
We covered some fun topics this week, including:
1. How Sean got his start as a photographer.
2. His favorite aspects of the types of photography he is into.
3. How competition drives us as artists & the pros and cons of it.
4. Working with brands.
5. The realities of being a full-time professional landscape photographer.
6. Location sharing.
7. Time-lapse photography.
8. Night photography composites.
10. Gear! We discussed our kits, and I shared info about a crazy spreadsheet I created.
Please consider supporting the podcast on Patreon! There's a ton of bonus content over there for subscribers! Your support is critical - it helps with production costs and to improve the podcast over time. Thanks! Even $1 / mo helps a lot! We are growing closer to our goal of getting to $1,000/mo in support, at which point I will create an award to be given to a photographer that is a champion of conservation. Help us get there!
This week on Patreon, Sean and I talked about star trails and time-lapse photography.
Head on over to the liner notes for a lot more!