Welcome to Episode 088 of the F-Stop Collaborate and Listen podcast with Scott McCook!
Scott McCook is a landscape and aerial photographer living in Perth, Western Australia. I have been a huge fan of Scott's work for many years now; however, his recent aerial photography projects have been absolutely mind-blowing and incredible to follow. As such, I was elated when he agreed to come into the podcast to talk about his journey as an aerial photographer. We really dug deep into the topic of aerial photography and I think anyone even remotely interested in that topic will really like this episode.
We covered some fun topics this week, including:
1. The landscape of Western Australia and why it lends itself to aerial photography.
2. How our imagery can get people to think deeper about the landscape.
3. The pros/cons of helicopters / planes / drones for aerial photography.
4. Mining and the environment - how aerials can show us these places and how we think about them.
5. Processing / workflow and how boundaries impacts that.
Please consider supporting the podcast on Patreon! If you enjoyed the content from this podcast episode, there's even more over on Patreon for those supporting the podcast. This week on Patreon, Scott shares his techniques, settings, and tips on how to take aerial photographs.